Friday, August 15, 2014

My Ten Best

My French Cafe Ensemble
         I was joking around with my friend Maura that the way through my heart is by complements. I was..... let me re phrase that.... only half joking when I told my friend Maura that the way through my heart is by compliments.That conversation got me thinking- what are the best compliments i've ever received? So since that point when ever I got a really great one i've written them here and now I finally have 10 so bare with me while my less then subtle side shines through. I am an actress after all so I do tend to relish in attention :)

"your hat it reminds me of that prince song and your outfit looks like you've been at lunch at a 1950's Paris Cafe"

"I've never met Patty but I know her daughter very well and I feel like through Shannon I know Patty"

"your painting looks like a Van Gogh"

"You're always so well accessorized and have such a great smile and so kind. The highlight of my week is seeing you"

Vargas's Painting of Me
"She is like the Beyonce of SCCC she's got all the personality and all the pizazz she doesn't need anyone else"

"I love your blog it's so inspiring"

"I've been dreaming about how to paint those eyes all week"

"You look like you stepped right out of the pages of The Great Gatsby novel and into the modern world"

"Shannon has the most creative imagination"


In regards to my Joan Harris Halloween costume: "I LOVE you for this for so many reasons. P.s. your dress is actually better AND you look better haha" 

         In this crazy world we barely ever take the time to acknowledge one another and it's even rarer to have someone genuinely see you and give you a truly honest heartfelt compliment. I cherish these words because it helps me understand how the people I interact with see me. I feel honored that in my life there are people who are kind and sweet to me and not everyone has that. So here's a challenge when you are going about your day try and notice the people around you maybe their unique style, a work accomplishment, or something about them you've always adored and tell them. I'm sure it will make them happy and you can walk away knowing you made the world a little more beautiful that day. Go! Be Brave! Be Kind! Make Someone's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment