Monday, August 6, 2012

Boo Ya Brunch Baby

I have had a deep deep craving for like an all you can eat breakfast buffet ya know New England style. A: there aren't really this kind of thing here. There are awesome breakfast places like the Blu Jam Cafe that's all organic breakfast stuff but it's like one plate you got to make one choice ya know? B: Buffets in general are not really an LA thing most people don't eat here and they especially don't indulge in that kind of glutness behavior unless it's alcohol or drugs (of course). After a great morning being a Byakuren and helping members during our World Peace prayer meeting I met the ladies and we went to Marmalade Cafe. This is what I ordered:

French toast with bananas and strawberries and epically good hash browns. We had a pitcher of Bellinis and then Mamosas complete with one big spill. They also had iced jasmine tea :) It wasn't endless or a buffet but is sure was damn good! Since I have been eating minimal food I was super ready to like crazy indulge with one really satisfying meal and it completely was. Afterwards we went back to their house for a little Drive watching I mean honestly I will watch anything with Ryan Goseling at any time. Then I headed over to a fellow member for Roberta's going away party. I have only like 6 people who I would really call a friend here and she was one of them....booo. However I am so insanely happy for and the dream she gets to live out. Even though it's only been 3 months or so I feel like I learned a lot from her in terms of being a strong Bodhisattva and Byakuren in general. Considering I had 3 really awesome amazing days in LA week I am now deeming this my best LA week to date - maybe this has to do with the hours and hours of chanting I have been doing for making new friends and relationships :)
 Ps the leftovers were an amazing lunch today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment