Sunday, August 26, 2012

Moving Forward: My New Job

Ok... so I have been hesitant to announce this for deep fear of something going awry but I have a new job!!! It was a deep dark battle between fate, fundamental darkness/fear, luck, and my charming personality. The story begins when my dear friend Jaffe mentioned to me one of her Cirque friends announced a job opening at his work for a client coordinate position. The pay was good and it's a night position 4 to 10 which leaves perfect hours to wake up chant, exercise, and then go to auditions. This was exactly what I wanted my gut said "This is the job that will change everything." I immediately sent out my cover letter. I chanted that I would get interview because that's where I excel not really on paper. One day I returned from work to see a email saying "interview cancelled" flabbergasted I read "Since we have not heard from you we gave your spot away." The first email sent at 1 that afternoon invited me in for an interview. The second email was only 4 hours later but I had been working and don't have a smart phone. I emailed back with times I could come in but was told it wasn't necessary. I felt sooooo beyond defeated. The next day I got an email that my student loan was overdue. See I have been paying my private loan for 2 years now but NOT my federal loan. After my Mom died my father graciously put down a chunk of money so I wouldn't have to pay it every month and that money has run out and my repayment was over due. 500 bucks a month in 2 loans I was beyond screwed. I realized I was never going to get a new job till I stood up for myself getting a raise at my current job. See I got a promotion but no raise and it was more about standing up and taking charge of my life more then anything. That experience was another hellish experience not worth retelling. I made a plan with a Buddhist friend on Monday to talk about why I was chanting so sincerely with no success. I love the morning tosos because is like 30 random people of all types trying to change their lives and actually doing something about it. We chanted for 1.5 hours then talked for 20 minutes then I chanted another hour. I went home and crashed... I slept till 1 I woke up and there was an email asking me to come in for an interview the next day. By some miracle I was actually scheduled 1/2 hour later then the interview time. It was super rushed but I made it without even getting a point for tardiness. I was contacted for a second interview but I had work so I literally went on the interview during my lunch it was madness but somehow did the whole thing from clock out to in in one hour and 15 minutes the earliest possible ETA I came up with in my planning. The references was the trickiest part considering the east coast and people's schedules it was a lot of phone tag and at one point I was told they were going to have to make a decsion without a key reference. I wrote a sincere email saying I hope that didn't jeopardize my opportunity to work there etc etc and the next day that reference ended up happening. That afternoon I heard officially.... I wanted to shout from the roof tops but my logical side has kept it in wanting to make sure it was all real first. I am soooooo happy this opportunity could really change my position here in LA from poverty to a life. I also am staying on at Bloomies to help get out of this debt and stay around all the people I love there. Sometime you don't know what the universe has in store for you. Sometimes you can't even begin to imagine what way you'll end up getting what you need. Sometimes it's all just working out the way it should and I'm overjoyed about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment