Saturday, July 6, 2013

British Boys/Men Beyond Babeilicious


         Here is a comprehensive list of the most amazing beyond babeilicious boys and men (see section 2) who hail from the great island of Britannia. It is no secret if you know me you know I have a super serious weakness for British accents, well all EU accents but especially theirs. Feel free to swoon, drool, or ogle to you hearts content. Order does not pertain to likeability...

The Under 35ers - The Boys
Henry Cavill: 30, Jersey Channel Island, Newly attached like it became official this week
Henry recently has skyrocketed to popularity with the release of "Man of Steel" his abs "steal" the screen. I however fell in love when he played the playboy Charles Brandon in "The Tudors". I mean shirtless, in the ruffled white shirts, or all dolled up in period costume his presence kept me watching all 4 seasons. My love deepened in his small bit part in Stardust as the secret gay man. I would go anywhere and do anything with him.


Eddie Redmayne: 31, London, Attached
I first got my love dose of Eddie in "My Week with Marilyn" He's been in 2 versions of Queen Elizabeth movies and why not he's that talented! Just when you think there's no way he could be more adorable you find out that boy can really sing. In "Les Miserables" his voice and puppy dog love for Cosette is precious and completely swoon worthy.


Robert Pattinson: 27, London, Single? bye bye Kstew
Sure sure ya he's that guy from twilight but before that he was Cedric in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". There was one moment when flying on a broom chasing those bird/ball things (any muggles want to tell me the name of those?!?) when he raises his head up and stares into the camera I think I was about 18 and squealed. I told my mom that one day he would be famous (point me) boy did I call that one! Maybe it's the hair or those oh so chiseled cheek bones- I don't care if that pale disgusting makeup makes him look dead he is still hot.


Jim Sturgess: 35, London/Surrey, Attached
Most people know Jim as the card counting MIT student in "21". I however am obsessed with Jim as Jude in "Across the Universe." Again there is singing and romance and he just looks so damn amazing getting angry singing Revolution totally worth illegally living in the country for. A bit of an ass in "One Day" he more them redeems him self as several characters in "Cloud Atlas" when I proclaimed "That is so Jim I would know those eyes anywhere!" no mask or makeup can fool me from spotting this hottie.


Aaron Taylor-Johnson: 23, High Wycomb, Married
I almost feel bad for liking this boy at 23 although he is more man then most boys his age also married to someone double his age! Aaron first blew my mind as the creative and slightly disturbed Lennon in "Nowhere Boy." When he took on the Russian adulterous soldier Vronsky in "Anna Karenia" he made me want to run away with him. Sure he's young, sure he's married to a women who could easily be his mom, he is still lovely.


Joseph Morgan: 32, Wales, Single Maybe Attached
The first time I set eyes on Joseph was as William Price in "Mansfield Park" short but sweet role. It wasn't until his ongoing stint at Klaus in "Vampire Diaries" that I really fell. He's twisted yet thoughtful, a hidden artist, and killer= complex to say the least. No one likes a simple man and he's proving to be a chameleon like actor that I simply can't get enough of.



The Over 35ers- The Men

Hugh Grant: 53, Hammersmith, Single
Oh come on does he even need a descriptor?!?! Bridget Jones, Love Actually, Notting Hill, Two weeks Notice, and as Edward in Sense and Sensibility ( I really really can't get enough of men dressed in period costumes) he is dashing in all of them. Throughout the years he has done some pretty questionable things- anyone remember the transvestite (not judging just commenting)? But with a quick smile and sarcastic comment all is forgiven he's too cute to hate for long even as the douchy cheating Daniel Clever he can always charm his way back to love.


Colin Firth: 53 Grayshott, Married
Another one who needs no description. A man whose played Darcy in period accurate clothing (in that infamous white shirt) to a modern version of the same character in "Bridget Jones's Diary" that boyish charm is to precious and he's been married to his wife for ages, a very sexy quality. This man just seems to get better and better with age! Oh ya the "King's Speech" was pretty much a masterpiece of acting- did I mention he can sing to mamma mia he's amazing.


Jude Law: 41, Lewisham, Divorced
The British bad boy you don't want to love but you really just can't help it... bad for his wives good for us. He's been in 52 imbd credited and movies- yes 52 I just counted! I like him for one of the most ridiculous movies he ever made- Alfie - haven't seen it? well no one else has either. It doesn't even matter whether he takes on the heartthrob or the weird creepy guy he masters it all.






Matthew Macfadyen:39, Norfolk, Married
Another Darcy makes this list. A more sensitive take in the film he did an amazing as Mr Darcy in "Pride and Prejudice" (sexy, reserved britishness is paramount for that role). He also used that same skill set to excel in "Anna Karenina" and "Little Dorrit." He is softer and loveable and oh so adorable as Logan Mountstewart in the mini series "Any Human Heart" what can't he do? Not sure I still can't find anything.


Here is a list of films that contain more then 1 of these babeilicious Brits including:
 Bridget Jone's Diary
 Bridget Jones Edge of Reason
 Anna Karenia
 Cloud Atlas
 Love Actually
 Immortals

No comments:

Post a Comment