Saturday, July 20, 2013

How to Have an Epic Wedding Proposal

I would like to start with my idea of the WORST WAY to get proposed to and married like ever I would die.....

Thing we've learned from this video:
    A- starting off by a cheating thing, or being pulled over by a cop (i've seen that to) or any of these bone head things are not good tricks! Starting off angry to then joy is not how I would want to start my life with someone
   B- it's very impersonal there is no intimacy with close family and friends
   C- in general girls plan this idea in their minds for years ( we are programmed to) and to have all the joy of a life long dream mashed into 15 minutes is intense- at least in this scenario there is no pre wedding jitters or months of family squabbles!

Oh look I found an "arrest" proposal Fake Arrest for Contest


       Now I would like to share some of the videos I have come across in the past year that are so amazing and beautiful. When I get cynical and believe me I have my moments I watch these videos and it gives me hope that there are people out there who really do love each other. In my motherless daughters group the girls inspire me by the stories they tell of the men who wouldn't give up on them even when they pushed them away or tested their love- they wouldn't back down. When you've experienced loss your default assumption is you will die young or anyone you love will die it's just the way your brain thinks. If I ever get married I know my Mom will not be there and that hurts and I'm not even engaged yet. The girls explained to me that "when you find the right one everything makes sense and you can't picture it any other way because you are creating a new family with them." Here are some truly thoughtful proposals by people who have found the one person who makes them want to jump on the wedding train. 

5. This is actually a sudo copy cat of my number one 1 favorite with a gratitude twist thrown in which I love
What we learned from this video:
     - it's effective when you speak from the depths of you heart sincerely
     - even acquaintances will help you do pretty much anything for love
     - if you don't have an 100% original idea you can just switch up someones already brilliant
       one. Which you will see in the number 1 spot.

4. You can totally try to rope a celeb into helping
I mean Zach Braff come on really!
I don't even know this game but how original!
What we learned from getting a celeb to help is:
     -It's effective to use someones favorite thing in their proposal
     - You get serious bonus points for somehow/someway convincing the celeb to do it
     - Your bringing it to the next level which deserves major props

3. Nothing quite says commitment like a proposal over 6 years!!!!!
What we've learned from this video:
    -It's effective to still have a trick up you sleeve even if they "know"    
    - When you know you know so why not make something special out of the build up
    - The pre planning aspects of this is truly a long term commitment making it powerful


2. When in doubt you can always default to her favorite story growing up
She always wanted to be Windy and now she is!
This is a little podunk but he really took the fairy tale thing to heart
Thing we learned from these videos:
    - it's effective to make a girl's fantasy/dream come to life
    - there's something powerful about connecting her current life to her childhood ideas
    - most girls like getting dresses up so that always helps

Now for the top proposal video ever!
Why does that not look like anything in video number 5.........Because the number one spot is a tie!!!! Between Matt and Ginny (above) and Issac and Amy's (below)
Wow- just wow. I am not kidding you these 2 videos make me cry they are so amazing!
What did we learn from these top truly most epic best proposals ever?!?!?!?!?
   - it's effective when you come up with/dream of the most insane proposal plan and then actually make it happen
   - When you can include the person's family and friends they will love it even more because they get to share the experience
   - the build up to the reveal is intense/exciting/magical they both knew with the first few seconds they would be proposed to but it wasn't until 5 minutes later to which the moment and excitement is continuously growing. When they are finally asked they can barely speak because they are in so much shock/amazement/pure joy.

People often say that chivalry is dead and that men of quality and substance no longer walk this fine planet. Well I can't say there are many but there are 7 men and 1 women who certainly do. So i'm playing my odds a billion to 1! Ya know my father has the super lucky all the time gene and he passed it on to me in the form of getting really lucky every once in awhile! One of the girls in my motherless daughters group said "I know my mother sent me this man this best kind of man." So between Dad's luck and Mom's divine presence I've gotta believe that I can find that 8th super amazing man.... there must be one left somewhere in the world!



PS This one came out 7/24/13 http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/man-uses-42-bed-sheets-write-marry-girlfriends-122445614.html


No comments:

Post a Comment