Saturday, March 24, 2012

Chanting for Celebrities

I became a Nichiren Buddhist a little over a year ago and 99.9% of the time I chant for meaningful, beneficial, life changing things like pursuing my passion as a film actress. However every once in awhile I let my mind wander to silly less dramatic things. For instance my friend Matt loves Lisa Vanderpump (Housewives of Beverly Hills) and I was instructed to go to her restaurant and meet her. However being on a budget I wasn't about to do that. I reasoned however that if she lives in Beverly Hills she may one day come to the my work. I would chant every once in awhile that one day she would come to my jewelry counter and I could tell her about my friend's epic love for her and then we would call him. I am NOT kidding this is what I would ask the universe for every now then. So I had Matt text me her photo so if she ever came in I could recognize her (I don't watch the show). Yesterday a makeup person came over and asked for my jewelry key I thought this was super weird but ya know it could be his friend or client whatever -so I gave it to him. After a minute or so he calls me over as I walk up I notice it's Lisa Vanderpump now standing in my bay. I ask the guy "Is that that housewife" he replies "Yes! That's why I wanted to help her but I don't know anything about this stuff!" I took a breath and thought  "this is it the moment...it came." The whole process was fine I helped her pick out some dramatic earrings I was trying to stay professional even thought on the inside I was dying- it's not like I care anything about her but I just so badly had wanted to be able to do this one thing for my cherished friend. Once the "business" was concluded I began to say everything I had rehearsed my friend Matt is you biggest fan blah blah blah she then proclaims "Get him on the phone I want to call him." My heart was racing I thought "Fuck we can't even have phones on the floor let alone have one out in the open I could get fired maybe no one will see....I can't pass up this opportunity." She then straightens up slyly smirks and proceeds to leave Matt a voice mail. I can't even recollect what she said I was just soooo in shock. Afterwards I threw my phone in a drawer and prayed no one would come yell at me after all it was a VIP customers request right? we do anything to please right? An hour later I finally got Matt on the phone and he was so ecstatic I was just as happy because I could not believe in all the stores, in all departments, and all the times of day I might not have been there she came to me. That is the power of chanting....Now I think it's time to start chanting for me to meet the amazing Ryan Gosling again ( I stopped because I thought it was to silly! Now it is back on the agenda!) ~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment