Monday, March 26, 2012

Finding Love in LaLaLand ?!?!

Je vois la vie en rose
As Nora Wilder says in the movie Broken English "I think I must be doing something horribly wrong, but I don't know what it is." Of course she is talking about men and I think every girl (probably every guy too) thinks this at some point in their life. Another quote that also keeps coming to mind is "Je vois la vie en rose" or "I see life in rosy hues" a famous French song sang by Edith Piaf about how being so completely in loves changes the way you see the world.  Sure this week I was hit on but does the guy at the dmv and the one opening my new bank account really equate to romance??? I think not. There is something about dating in LA that is even more daunting then dating back home. Mostly because everyone here is very much self involved and has this "I'll do something for you only if you do something for me" kind of mindset. I met one guy,Alex, in line for a show taping of Craig Fergueson. I was mostly interested because he had this crazy beard and it reminded me of someone I missed. However after a few witty banterish texts it was clear he had no intentions of dating me -subtext saying- 'I only want sex.' I struck up a conversation at this private bar party with a local guy named Sean, who seemed great. He said "Your really interesting and great but I have to get back to my friends."A half hour later, and one awkward interaction later, I was talking to his "friend" a 6'0" model who literally said "Do you think I should sleep with him? He's short" I replied "Well he is nice..." This town defies all logic when it comes to anything "normal" so why would dating be different? Before I had only one "rule" about dating...DON'T DATE ACTORS so right there that cancels out almost everybody in this city! I briefly considered amending this rule after meeting Michael Welch from twilight because he was helping the children with no drinking water and had an adorable smile and he graciously put up with my drunken flirting for 20 minutes... then again you can never trust an actor (hence why the rule was instated). I now have a second rule don't fall in love with people who don't love you... it sounds easier then it is- really a lot can be learned from the book He's Just Not That Into You. Also in Broken English a random guy Nora meets at a bar says, "Most people are together just so they are not alone. But some people want magic. I think you are one of those people." Personally I have never been one to settle and certainly I do love a little magic and therefore that line has stuck with me over the past 2 days. So as I sit here listening to the falling rain (probably one of the most romantic sounds) and typing I am left to wonder about if and when love will ever come my way. Believe me I am a strong independent lady so if it doesn't I have another life plan of being a legendary film actress who lives her life with no commitments and I think that would suit me just as well ~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment