Saturday, March 31, 2012

Do you ever grow out of drunk texting?

My face should be on this graphic
So ever since I entered college I have been a notorious drunk texter. All girls do it.... it's like the alcohol makes us feel like we can say/ask what we actually want to. Now I am a pretty much an open book when it come to being honest and saying what I want to. However there is something about having 2 glasses of wine that happens to make your lips and fingers a bit looser! Now I am young (relatively) so I feel like this is a somewhat typical behavior but what if I was older... I have a feeling I may be dating when im 50- do you think I will still send drunk texts (more likely technology will be so advanced it may be like a drunk voice/image simulation message) or will I grow out of doing this? It always seems like a really good idea at the time and then the next morning like a really stupid one. Why do girls put themselves through these self destructive mind games? Is it lack of confidence?The need to feel loved/desired/wanted? Out of boredom? The desire to feel connected to someone even for a minute? I tried to stop myself by removing all the numbers of boys I ever fancied out of my phone the mistake being keeping them in a place where if sober enough I can find them! It's a hard habit to break....
this chick feels the same http://hotmessguide.wordpress.com/2011/06/28/the-hot-mess-guide-to-realizing-you-drunk-text-ambushed-someone-while-they-were-sleeping-the-night-before-and-theyre-kind-of-upset-at-you/

No comments:

Post a Comment