Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cute, Professional, Sexy- The Game

I am a silly person and I like to play little games with myself to keep my mind occupied especially when doing mundane tasks like my job. When I first started at the store I played Straight-Single with some other girls. A game I invented where you got points for correctly identify someone who worked at the store who was not only straight but also currently single. One girl got one point once.... Now I play Cute, Sexy, Professional since we have to wear only black or grey we are very limited in our clothing options. I have about 6 pieces I swap round to create different looks depending on my mood and the day. Now combined with makeup, hair, and accessories I create an overall look for the day. So in the morning I pick one of the categories and try to dress in a cute way, a business professional way, or sexy. The point of the game is to look that look so well that someone will comment on it "OMG you look so cute today" "Wow Shannon you look so professional" "Damn girl your looking good"(that's code for sexy). I get a point everyday someone correctly identifies the look I was going for. Clearly no one knows about the game but me. However the game took a drastic turn the day I returned to work after being home. I intentionally dressed ambiguously because I wanted the haircut to speak for itself and let me tell you I was called all three things!!! It's like the haircut became a trump card for the game. Now with the new look I have tried to reestablish the game by seeing how the new hair effects what people say to me. I've mostly gotten young, spunky, and cute ( I always get cute). It just further proves that even wearing the exact same thing with a new hair cut really can make you look different to someone else. One of my favorite coworkers said "Ms Cassidy back from MA looking sweet, sexy, and chic with her new hair and a little more flare." Sometimes you just got change it up a little bit ya know?

10" off for Locks for Love

No comments:

Post a Comment