Saturday, June 2, 2012

Public Painting and Men

My Thinking Pose
So Kish invited to me to to this event where a group of artists called Collective Ascetics does an exhibition once a month where everyone paints based on a common theme. Last night it was a tribute to Donna Summers with 2 paintings being created simultaneously. Each artist added in there own little something, their touch, their uniqueness. PT asked Kish and I if we were going to paint. My response was "I feel like painting with someone else's brushes is like using someone else's sex toys...too personal" to which PT replied "It's fine if they're clean." Muahah he got major points for that brilliant answer. He then assured me the brushes belong to the group and not one person- that I was okay with lol After some coaxing eventually we both painted. I added sparkle to the disco ball and Kish added endless summer letters along the bottom. It was super fun considering I haven't picked up a brush since I got here and have been in serious withdrawal mode from creativity and anything artistic. We had some drinks, food, and laughs. The entire time Kish and I were discussing men..in general and specifics. When we got home we continued the talk and began reading passages from the Art of Seduction mostly for laughs but for some interesting "pointers" as well. I've now decided because clearly I've mastered very little in that field that this will be the perfect in flight read on my trip back. Anyways the key to the evening was that you will only be treated as well as you treat yourself. When you let people treat you with anything less then you deserve you inevitably become it. Early that day I brought home a men's catalog from work and there was the hottest most put together "married" man in it I jokingly said this was my dream man. Then after the wine it resulted in this:

The whole thing became even more hilarious to add this "Never Give Up" Buddhist magnet to a random model picture. However as it hangs on our fridge it gives me a little daily reminder to not let anyone treat me in anyway that isn't 100% respectful and what I deserve.... Cheers to Never Giving UP! ~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment