Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Getting Smarter With Time

Have you ever looked back at a conversations that was written, emailed, video documented in some way several years after the fact with completely new understanding? First off you have to be crazy like me and have kept notes from middle school, old emails from crushes, or have a book of favorite text messages ( I use to have one lol my Mom split a jug of water on it then tried to save it by blotting out each page- at the time I was devastated but am glad that it no longer exists). Maybe 5 or so years later you can almost see the sub text of it because you are a little removed now. I recently read an entire friendship's worth of correspondence and it was like now I can truly see the nature of that friendship that I just could not see when I was living it. Of course as time goes on we learn things but we also repeat many of the same mistakes. What is the driving force behind changing that for yourself....that is the current philosophical question I am pondering.  What makes me at 25 smarter then me at 22 and what will me at 27 have learned?? I think the solution lies somewhere in making sure you work on your self in a reflective way and follow your passions. We have the power to make better choices once we become aware. The last year I kicked some really bad habits and I "have to admit it's getting better getting better all the time" I also believe there is a Beatles lyric for everything.....
PS I know smarter is not a "real" word but becoming more smart with time just did not seem like a good title no matter how correct it is 

No comments:

Post a Comment