Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Quintessential SoCal Day

Question: What's better then a day at the beach?
Answer: A day at the beach when there are a lot of really fit/toned men playing competitive pro volleyball.
I joke that the reason I like going to Hermosa is to watch (code for laugh) people play volleyball. Coming from the home town of VB, Holyoke MA, I have to admit I know nothing about other then I played it for one week on 8th grade gym class...the rules seemed like tennis??? It's not just the men I admire because the girls are diesel they seriously kick ass and don't fuck around. I watched a bit of the tournament but honestly I just watched the guys...

Question: What's better then watching seagulls dive in the water?
Answer: WILD DOLPHINS dive in the water. I have now been to that beach in relatively the same spot and never had the immense pleasure to see them before. Today we saw two dive in the super close surf - it was surreal. The lifeguard said they're there everyday and they use the pier to help them hoard fish together. He also mentioned when the wind is slow making the waves calmer/quieter you can hear their commutative clicking under the water. Needless to say I was amazed and uber thrilled- to see dolphins in the wild and not a tank was just so awesome!

There are dolphins in the water behind me I swear!!!
Question: What's better then getting your haircut at a beach themed salon?
Answer: Getting your haircut on the beach for $15. Clearly my hair does not need to be cut but the roomie wanted a trim and for the past 2 days has attempted to do it but the perfect opportunity presented itself when we heard some loud mouths chatting next to us about free haircuts (free but donation to charity in the amount of 15 was mandatory lol). Yes booths set up on the sand....

Questions: what's better then a 75 degree day?
Answer: A perfectly beautiful 80 degree day with a slight cooling breeze.

Question: What's better then diving into the ocean????
Answer: Nothing diving into the awesome ocean water is unbeatable.

PS I also went to 2 chanting sessions today and am getting comments on how strong and vibrant I am appearing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment