Friday, April 13, 2012

The Adventure Seeker

Half way through the cross country trip in Texas!
The Light Show Just after Dusk
Traveling In Europe- Nice was a must see!
I, like most people, love to travel. I however think I enjoy it for different reasons then some people. Often times a person wants to get away for awhile forget their life and forget time. When I travel I want to live in the moment and experience everything I possibly can. For as long as I can remember I always wanted to go to Paris. I begged my mom to buy me Muzzy tapes so I could learn French when I was 5. It wasn't until I got to France did I realize it was probably Belle from Beauty and the Beast that started my French obsession. Paris changed my life in so many ways- I literally think the trajectory of my life path changed when I was there. Some people are content to be just where they are and don't have any strong desire to think differently. Whereas as I long to explore new places, things, and cultures. My roommate was describing me to someone and said "She's probably at home eating mashed potatoes and watching mad men." At first I was taken aback at this description..is this how people see me??? as the girl who stays in watching period tv shows and eating??? I like to think of myself as someone who is always striving to learn and explore her world an adventure seeker of sorts. I always have a next destination plan- first it was Europe followed by the cross country voyage both which I did completely independently. Now I want to see Alaska i'm dying to see the glaciers and wildlife. It takes a lot to have fears and yet still do something anyways. I have never not done something because I had to do it alone so it's interesting be here in LA because it's like an adventure in life as opposed to traveling. However I still can't seem to get enough... the thrill of exploring something new is never fully satisfied ~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment