Thursday, April 12, 2012

HOW I almost MET Jason Segel (not your mother)

The Den
It had the makings of a great night...it was Maria's (my favorite co worker and close friend) birthday celebration at the Den in Hollywood. Erica and I were late because well it's LA and you have to look good, and drive far, parking etc.. Needless to say when we finally got in the place it was alive with young adults living it up. Per my usual game plan I did a lap to see if there were any attractive straight men about...after a few minutes I resigned to sitting on the patio next to the fire pit. These 3 drunk guys were repeatedly having this stupid conversation :
Idiot 1: "Jason Segel man"
Idiot 2 : "who is that"
Idiot 3: "ya know the guy from that movie the tall one"
Idiot 2: "From the office"
Idiot 1: "no the one from the movie with that blonde girl"
this went on for several minutes I had to jump in considering they could not actually name a single Jason Segel anything A- HOW I MET YOU MOTHER! B- The Muppets just came out C-Forgetting Sarah Marshall.. the puppet musical!! D- I love you, man all this I could spurt out in 5 seconds. I was not drunk so I did have a bit of an advantage. Either way Idiot 2 still had no clue and the conversation went another direction. 10 minutes later this comes up again when I hear "Damn he's gone now" I ask whose gone? Idiot 1 "Jason Segel" ... picture me mouth agape staring with dagger eyes. I come to find out Jason was at the table one over from the Idiots. He had been there the whole time and I hadn't noticed why cruel god of fate and the universe did I not see him?!?!? What was the point of my lap- maybe I should wear my glasses for the initial intell and then take them off??? boooooo. I began to think what I would say "Hey Jason I think you're fantastic and super funny, not to mention tall which is super sexy, do you like fries? I have some fries we could share, do you date civilians? do you want to date me? did I mention I think you're super sexy and funny...just saying" I imagine it would have gone something like that. On a more serious note my plan would have involved falling- it's something I am totally capable of and he's a good guy I'm sure he'd catch me..or I'd fall on my face start bleeding and he'd feel obliged to help. Anyways he was gone and I had wished I could have made had more sense of the drunk Jason ramblings earlier on. I preceded to have fun danced with some Swedish guys and overall had a fantastic evening. Sure a kiss under those white twinklings lights next to the fire pit with Jason's arms around me would have been nice but after that moment my heart said "you'll see him again" so if anyone has any good lines let me know- I'm thinking singing "I would walk 500 miles and I would 500 more just to me the girl who walked a thousand miles to fall down at your door"....that might do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment