Saturday, April 21, 2012

Loans or Life: Our dependence on money

I "can't help" but laugh at the reality of my horoscope today: "You can't help but feel that your life would run much more smoothly if there were no such thing as money! You can't help but feel frustrated by the amount of time and energy you spend sorting out your financial affairs. Unfortunately, Shannon, today will be another day of doing just that. It seems some bills were neglected recently, and today you need to sit down at your desk and sort out the mess. It's no fun, but at least by the end of the day you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you straightened everything out." Well it's the end of the day and instead of sorting it all out I have instead managed to spend a shit load of money on groceries... 90 bucks. For fuck sake I try I REALLY try- this month I budgeted each week paying my loan first then rent and using the measly 50 left to eat so spending 90 isn't an option but I needed it all. I felt really happy today I got so much accomplished but then I look at my bank account and feel like a failure. What was the point of college where did it really get me?!?!? Of course in 2005 no one knew how the economy would suck in 2012 and how none of the people I graduated with have a decent job in their field. Can't you learn just as much from life as you can from school? I am happy that my well rounded education allows me to comment gracefully on many topics but it certainly has not contributed financially to any job I have had since then. I think it's sad that so much of our "security" is based on money. We feel so threatened when we don't have any money because society has brainwashed us. There were times of trade and communities who worked together for everything they had there was no fear they just did what was necessary to survive. I just think it is important for us to examine how we tend to let money control us and instead focus on real tangible things that will help make us follow our passion and in turn bring us financial stability. I refuse to let money have any control over my dream to be here. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-student-loan-push-helps-him-court-crucial-135330798.html

No comments:

Post a Comment