Tuesday, April 17, 2012

J'ai le mal du pays

Home
I don't know what happened in the past 2 days but I became INSANELY homesick. I think part of it may be that now my housing situation here in LA could be ending and I may have to move.... it's hard to set up a life when you don't have a place to call home every night. They say home is where the heart is and my heart definitely wants to be here but it does miss family and friends. You wouldn't think a 3 hour time difference would make a difference but it does! I barley know what any of my friends are up in their daily lives and no one really knows what my life is like. There are 4 weddings I wish I could be at this summer Matt & Michael's, Liz &Dave, Sheila & Elton, and Lorri &Pat's. I think I will be only able to make Matt's I am a bridesmaid after all. I didn't realize how in 2 months I actually need to be home. I spent a good chunk of the day looking at flights and analyzing the best days to take off work and fly on. I hope one day I'll have enough money and freedom to be able to go back whenever my heart desires for any event or any whim. I started a mental bet with myself of who is going to give me the biggest hug you would be surprised how one can miss a true, strong, sincere hug. If you were around circa November 2009 you remember my strong disdain for fake not affectionate pity hugs. I am also convinced my "little" brother will be a full 6 feet by the time I return. I am so curious what things have changed and what has remained the same. 2 months really isn't that long it snuck up on me quite quickly actually. Now I am going in this week to get everything approved at work so I can book a ticket hopefully by next week I will have official dates!!! There a Buddhist quote that reads "Even if someone is close by, their heart may be distant. But if someone is far away, if there is a heart to heart bond they could not be closer. The heart is what counts. In the world of hearts there is no separation. ~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment