Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cabo, Comedy, and Karaoke

I think I have finally recovered enough from Tuesday to actually share a little something about it. First off if there is anything you should know about me is that I love karaoke, I would do it totally sober, but I don't think I ever have.  I haven't had a real night out since St Patrick's Day in a vain attempt to save money and my dignity surprisingly i'm still pretty sure neither are in tact! So when we decided to go to Cabo before Alex's show and it was buy one get one for any cocktail I knew what the pace of this outing would be. Cabo Cantina has several locations around LA and I have never once left their establishment not drunk. So after some girl talk, boy bashing, good food, and drink we headed to the show a mere one block over. The number one rule in ANY comedy show is do NOT sit in the front row. Maybe it was the booze or my desire for an entertaining night but we sat right in the front. Amy got covered in egg and so was "my phone." The show was fun and completely different then when I originally was helping them remember lines a few months back. Totally completely worth 5 bucks and the drive to Santa Monica. I didn't think I was too bad but when I tried to help clean up the confetti all over the floor by detaching the dust pan from the broom I smacked my face with the broom..... yes you read that correctly. Afterwards it was only a small one block a way to the Britannia Pub, infamous scene of my 25th birthday. I say infamous because one of the barbacks said "Aren't you Felcia's friend?" "Yea, I am" "I remember you the girl who threw up at the bar".......... ( insert slow embarrassed head nod here) I was reintroduced to another acquaintance from St Pats who said "I remember you now your the girl who drinks bacardi and coke" and apparently that's how i'm known to men in LA. Anyways I was completely distracted by the foreigners- 3 British guys on holiday. Fact: if there is a hot European anywhere in my vicinity I sense them like a hawk I don't even try it's just like instinct. Of course I loved being the center of 3 men's attention but even my puppy dogs eyes could not entice a single one to sing karaoke! Eventually I jumped in a spice girls rendition and 50 cent song- me rapping is always hilarious. I have to say all in all it was a pretty serendipitous night flowing from one fun thing to the next. I have to say although I am not a big partier when I do the rules go out the window- 9:30 am for work was a little rough though ~S~

In front of the Santa Monica Pier just after sunset= my favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment