Friday, May 4, 2012

"My Type" Over Time

One of the first question almost any gathering of new girlfriends brings up is "what's your type?" I've noticed that my type has definitely gone through distinct changes. In middle school I was all about the jocks. It's the typical South Hadley way and I was a cheerleader so it seemed natural. Once I got to high school musicians became my thing. At PVPA the hottest coolest kids would rarely go to class and play guitar on the lawn or steps. In college I was attracted to nerds. The kid at the end of the hall who stuttered and blushed when he talked to girls was my crush. Theater geeks are a whole kind of unique nerd and that covered the rest of college. When I was exploring the world and afterwards I became so intrigued by intellectual types. Guys who are smart, educated, and can hold a conversation about a variety of topics is a super big turn on. Now in LA I found myself rarely getting to even interact with straight men regardless of what type they may be. Most men out here are one of these 3 types: actors aka selfish, writers aka self involved, townies aka no motivation. Is it too much to ask for a little substance?
I think this is funny and only slightly relates to the blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment