Friday, May 18, 2012

The Good Ol Days of Facebook

First off I have barely ever in the history of fb deleted friends or messages. I literally had messages from the beginning of fb time 2005 from "my" football player, guys telling me how hott I was cheerleading lol, about how to get my keys to move in the first day of cheer camp. Then the Umass emails scheduling scene rehearsals, messages about papers, and group projects. Then condolence messages and I hope you wells. Of course all my party invites were scattered thought it all from bonfires, pool parties, and pvpa get togethers. I have one entire strand of a 2 year friendship in one insanely long message (revision they don't delete just archive that's BS unless you go into everyone and hit delete I never thought i'd say this but maybe I don't want my entire life achieved). Needless to say it was time to delete then there were the people. If I had even an inkling of desire to know about your life I kept you but seriously people from my freshman year of college I can't name one thing about- gone! It took 2 hours to delete 80 people and I gave up to be resumed another day.. my hand cramped! Fb get it together we want to delete stuff make it easier! I remember the good ol days when your school had to be on the list and in order to sign up you had to a valid school email that matched the list. Those were standards so you could post about you college parties, hookups, and mishaps. Now I shutter to think what some people can see if they go back far enough considering almost EVERYONE I know has fb yes even my grandfather. College is such a unique once in a life time experience that really should not be shared with the world. Now I love being able to see pictures and messages from my friends all over the world and my cousin Joan in Ireland it's great for that but timeline come on I don't want a digital record of my life in public I just don't. Right now I go from being born (to one parent Patty apparently I never linked my dad as my Dad?!? and Jennie Brown as my older sister) to the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2004 what?!?!??! I'm too much of a sentimentalist to delete the whole thing and start a new account but part of me really wants to it seems easier but there still is a cyber record of an account not that you can "see" but of course it exists you can never really delete something from the internet (note to self stop posting party pics) ~S~
 PS I watered this down and sent it to fb feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment