Sunday, May 6, 2012

Obsession of the Week

I'm the kind of person who once they find something they like I rarely budge on changing it. Do you know in marketing they rarely market specifically to people over 60 because they feel by that point in life you've pretty much decided what brands you like and don't like. I literally would rather pay a dollar more for a product I like then one that's on sale bad for my wallet good for business?!?!? One a week on facebook I usually proclaim what my obsession of the past week was. Now since I am avoiding that social media at all costs I will on Sundays write it here. Recent obsessions included, edamame,  Depeche mode's Enjoy the Silence, and this past week it was Demetri Martin. Well I finally watched Taking Woodstock starring Demetri the only feature film I've ever been in-the scene I was prominently shoot was cut, of course, but I can still be seen in one scene. I was told by a family friend that they think I would like his comedy and I REALLY do- it's witty. He makes drawings, and sings, and had these word play jokes that make you chuckle not roll over laughing but it's subtle and smart (not a big fan of slapstick comedy in general). After one comedy I special I was like okay I like this and started watching his show. That's when it then hits a small obsession point like goggling in tour dates and Wikipedia searches. Hes 40?!?!?!? wtf he looks 28! When the obsession of the week is food it becomes very dangerous!!!! Then after the initial interest that leads to obsession it evolves into a slow fade of nothingness...therefore becoming the obsession of the week! I have a feeling this week's obsession is going to be Jasmine since I just spent 2 hours trying to identify the smell via google searches because the flowers smelt so nice outside when I was reading! lol ~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment